Life, health, happiness, yoga, style, travel, sunshine and endless possibilities…
One of my go-to sportswear and athleisure brands, Ilu, currently has one of the most flattering seamless-sportswear collections on the market. I’ve been wearing the Ilu ‘Favourite Workout Vest’ (£29.99) and ‘Dream Spin Leggings’ (£45.00) both here in the UK and across the Atlantic on the beautiful island of Antigua.The seamless collection is incredibly soft and comfortable, none of the items lose their shape and truly fit like a glove. They provide support where needed and, of course, stretch where needed!
Each item is designed down to the smallest details; the tops are longer in length so that they don’t ride up, have slimming panels and are made from sweat wicking fabrics. The leggings likewise can be worn high-rise or folded down and are designed with curve enhancing and colour contrasting features, which make your legs look long.
Also worth noting is that the Ilu collection is more affordable than other similar sportswear brands – meaning you can shop completely guilt free. Take a look at the full Ilu collection here.
Step-By-Step Headstand Tutorial 💕
In yoga, the headstand (Sirsasana) has been called The King of Asanas. It’s often the first inversion that students learn as it has one of the most stable foundations. This fantastic pose shifts your perspective so you can come out physically and mentally refreshed:
1, 2 & 3) Start by setting up your arms and hands. Open your elbows shoulder width distance and interlace your fingers. Keep the base of your palms touching. You will place the your head down so that the back of your head eventually touches the base of your palms. So when you start, the point of contact should be slightly in front of your top of head position so when you walk in, the rolling back action will bring the correct spot (top of head) to the gro…und and back of head is against your base of palms.
4) Push your arms back into the shoulders and press your shoulders away from the ears. Then walk in as much as you can.
5) Bring one knee into chest and actively (read: strongly) squeeze your shin into your chest. That action will help bring your hips back and eventually beyond your shoulders. Once your hips are beyond your shoulders, your bottom leg will feel light. Float it off the ground. Press down into your elbow. Keep a strong, stable foundation in your shoulders.
6) Maintain the shape of your legs and continue to lift until your extended leg is straight and stacked on top of hips. Straighten both legs and hug into midline. Keep your belly engaged. When you are in a headstand, you want to keep your head in a neutral position – this will protect your neck.
7 & 8) Play with your balance by moving the legs around or into Urdhva Dandasana.
* Elbows coming apart – this happens when your shoulders are not strong enough. In downdog, practice holding a block in between your forearms and lower elbows to floor at the same time.
* Rounded back – if this happens, you will need to set up blocks behind your upper back to support you.