Life, health, happiness, yoga, style, travel, sunshine and endless possibilities…
Happy 2016! I hope the new year brings peace, joy, health & love to everyone! I rang in the new year in the beautiful city of Rome, the ‘eternal city’ full of incredible restaurants, stunning buildings, grand piazzas and timeless art. It was the perfect place to reflect on the past year and look ahead to the new year.
This time last year, I was full of good intentions and aspirations (see my article here), and I think I pretty much fulfilled each, so this year I have a few more ideas and plans…
Yoga, Yoga, Yoga….In Every Shape And FormI am absolutely blessed to have finally made the transition from the PR agency into the yoga studio! An absolute highlight of 2015 was being able to take that leap of faith and do what I love – work no longer feels like ‘work’; my stress levels have dropped to non-existent; I am no longer desk-bound and get to walk around outdoors a lot more; I don’t have to deal with rush-hour anymore; my work-life balance is incredible; I get to wear leggings, vest and trainers everywhere (so comfortable!) and I have met so many new & wonderful people along the way.
This year, I will be focusing on my private classes around London, my role at the gorgeous new Bodyism studio in Notting Hill (as well as eating my way through their delicious Clean & Lean café) and assisting on an upcoming 1-year Inspira Yoga 200 hour RYS yoga teacher training course with two completely inspirational and excellent teachers, Mark Ansari and Raquel Salvador.
Nourish From The Inside Out
No list would be complete without mentioning food – and once again, I’m on a proactive journey towards eating well & making healthy choices, while still enjoying some not so healthy treats. The 80:20 rule of eating healthily 80% of the time and allowing indulgences the remaining 20% of the time, works pretty well for me, even if it does occasionally slide to a 50:50 rule!
For inspiration, I am turning to my new Clean & Lean For Life cookbook which James and Christiane Duigan gave to me for Christmas. The book is full of vibrant and nutrient-rich recipes which are clean, unprocessed and created to leave you feeling healthy and happy. The best part is while all of the recipes in the book are super healthy – they are honestly delicious and fill you up. A few of my favourite recipes include the Superfood Salad with Salmon and Avocado, the Chicken and Leek Quinoa Risotto and the Courgetti with Tomatoes, Garlic and Chilli.
Family And Friends Are My Number One
It goes without saying, but is always worth repeating. Family and friends bring me so much love and happiness. Even when I feel like I’m too busy to make time for them, I’ll remind myself that they are the most important people in my life. I would not be where I am today without their love and support.
Appreciate The Quieter Moments
This applies to both knowing when to take a step back, as well as learning to speak less while saying more. At times, it’s easy to exist on auto-pilot, but I find the more that I do, the less engaged I am with the world. Stepping back and having quieter moments, will help me to reconnect with life and appreciate every moment – life is too long to not be engaged and present.
On A Final Note…
My ‘new year’ article is smaller this year than last year because life feels a lot more simple. The changes I’ve been through in the past year have made me more aware than ever of the things I do need and things I don’t. I don’t have the same concerns that I had last year, my focus is tighter and more meaningful, and I couldn’t be happier.
Finally, I truly hope 2016 is a fantastic year for everyone – the world is full of endless possibilities – seek them out and enjoy every moment!