Life, health, happiness, yoga, style, travel, sunshine and endless possibilities…
Work-Life balance has to do with balancing work and family responsibilities. It can be difficult to not bring home the stress of an uncompleted project to your loved ones. However, it’s important to find peace during the rough times. Below are five tips from Jen Uscher for better Work-Life balance.
1. Build downtime into your schedule: It’s all about scheduling. Whenever you want to have a girls’ night out, make it a priority to schedule that in about a month. If you need to put in a few extra hours of work, make that note on the calendar. Don’t ever have an open Sunday afternoon; instead make sure to put in some family fun activities such as going to the zoo, park, or even church.
2. Drop activities that sap your time or energy: Remember that when you are at work, you are there! Don’t spend too much time on personal tasks and make sure to get the work done; you may even be able to leave work early.
3. Rethink your errands: Be cognizant of how many errands you are doing that can be replaced by someone else. For example, why not have the student down the street mow the lawn? Possibly ask friends to wrap your gifts in exchange for a home cooked meal?
4. Get moving: Exercise is pertinent for a long workday. Even if you have to wake up a little earlier than normal, make sure to fit it in – most people state they feel so much better and think more clearly at work when they get a chance to fit in a walk or jog.
5. Remember that a little relaxation goes a long way: Little things, such as bringing your headphones to listen to music or getting a coffee can really help bring that inner happiness you may have been missing.